What causes starbursts in vision?

Dear Sir My name is XXXX. I am from India I had a bout of severe red eye a few months ago. I used OTC eye drops to get the red out. Recently since a month or so, i am seeing starbursts at night around bright lights like camera flash, headlights ets. I guess i have excessively used eye drops. Please suggest eye drops/treatment for my problem Thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 16 hours later
Brief Answer: 2 possibilities Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks or the query. There are two possibilities for your symptoms. 1) You could have developed keratitis (inflammation of cornea) of the eye. It is a common occurrence after an attack of red eye. 2) You could have developed increased intraocular pressure. This occurs due to overuse of steroid eye drops. The treatment for these problems is entirely different. I would suggest you to consult an eye specialist and get back to me. Hope you recover soon. Best regards, Dr.Mihir Shah
Follow-up: What causes starbursts in vision? 0 minute later
Sir. I am travelling for a few days. Can u suggest any temporary remedies please. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Temporary measures Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX For the time being avoid exposure to sunlight. Use artificial tears (Refresh tears eye drops) four times per day. It should give some relief. Best regards, Dr.Mihir Shah