What causes sore and inflamed wrist?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Wrist is sore, inflamed and there is a slight yellow color in the area. No trauma was inflicted.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Orthopedic consultation is required. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. Wrist pain can be caused due to many reasons like -carpel tunnel syndrome, -arthritis -perform repetitive tasks with your hands such as typing, drawing, writing, or sewing -have a disorder such as diabetes, arthritis, or an under-active thyroid. So for proper diagnosis to be made you should consult orthopedic surgeon who will do your physical examination and certain blood test like E.S.R, C.R.P, T.LC, D.L.C RA factor, serum uric acid, F.B.S etc. and advise you x-ray of wrist in AP and Lateral view. After tallying the reports he may advise you proper medication and stretching exercise if needed. If needed he may advise you some surgery or when swelling subsides he may advise you steroid injection in wrist joint. Till you see your doctor you should not do heavy and repetitive work with that wrist. You can take ibuprofen and serratio-peptidases by discussing it with your doctor, wear a wrist brace or splint to reduce swelling and ease wrist pain, apply cold compresses. I hope you have got your answer. If have found my answer excellent, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer 5 points for me, so that I get a good feedback. Thanks. Dr.Singh.