What causes small red bump on shaft of the penis?

HIV AIDS Specialist
In mid December I had a one night fling with a girl I just met.  We didn't have sexual intercourse nor did we have oral sex.  We basically engaged in mutual masturbation.  So here are the details.  She fingered herself first while I touched my penis for a few minutes.  Then about 3 minutes after she had fingered herself she touched my penis briefly.  then went back to stimulating ourselves until completion.  I now have a single red bump the size of a small pimple on the shaft of my penis since Monday.  It has not changed in size, has not changed in appearance, has not scabbed over or opened up.  I am experiencing mild discomfort in that area but not harsh pain.    So here is my question.  How likely is this to be herpes?  Could she have transmitted herpes from her fingers to my penis in a brief touch?  After she briefly touched my penis I then stimulated myself until completion so I guess it is possible I could have rubbed the virus in that way?  I have uploaded a few pictures in my profile hope you are able to access them. Thanks for your time.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: HSVtransmission possible,notmatching withdescripti Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. We can not rule out the possibility of HSV (Genital Herpes) transmission through a wet finger after it had been introduced to vagina and handled your penis. But Herpes usually occurs in group of vesicles and goes for tiny grouped ulceration, sometimes coalesced together to form a single ulcer and never remain as such as a bump for 3-4 days. So with your description it is unlikely to be due to Herpes infection. Very commonly an yeast infection also may look like this as un-ruptured tiny bumps present over glans, but will not be a localized one and spread widely over glans. Your uploaded pictures have not come along with your question. So try to upload the pictures once again, so that I could extend more information on this. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: What causes small red bump on shaft of the penis? 32 minutes later
Ok thank you for your answer. My pictures are now uploaded. I did not see a way to upload them when I asked the original question. Let me know if you cannot view them. I would not also conaider her finger wet as a few minutes had passed before she handled my penis. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Herpes possible, yeast unlikely.Rule out other STD Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I can see the picture clearly. It seems a sore rather than a bump. Herpes lesion also can occur like this. From the picture I could not arrive at a diagnosis. An early wart also would look like this. Other Ulcer producing STDs also have to be ruled out. Yeast infection is not the possibility as it strictly a localized one. Consult a Demato-venereologist or a Genito-urinary physician for further help. Nothing to worry. Easily can be tackled after examination and investigations. DR S.Muruagan