What causes slight cough with shortness of breath?
User rating for this question
I have smoked off and on for 10 years. Lately having shortness of breath. Slight cough. Dr did chest x ray and listened to lungs. Oxygen was 100%. Said x ray looked perfect and lungs sound perfect. Should I seek second opinion or further test? Main concern is lung cancer. Also d dimer blood test normal. Would lung cancer show on X-ray? Dr said with my evaluation there is no need for concern of lung cancer.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be because of smoking or allergy. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for posting your query on HCM. The slight cough and SOB you are having could be because of some infection you may have had in the recent past or it could be because of smoking-what we call smoker`s cough. Are you alergic to anything esp dust and smoke since even allergy can cause these symptoms. There doesn't seem to be any cause for concern for lung cancer. However, it`s advisable that you quit smoking as smoking can lead to many a diseases.
Follow-up: What causes slight cough with shortness of breath? 6 hours later
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 20 hours later
Brief Answer: As of now, I feel that there is no need for a CT c Detailed Answer: As of now, I feel that there is no need for a CT chest.
Follow-up: What causes slight cough with shortness of breath? 26 hours later
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, definitely. Detailed Answer: Yes, definitely anxiety can cause SOB and esp the kind described by you. But before we write it off as due to anxiety, I suggest you get a spirometry done and take a trial course of inhaler like aerocort and a tablet called montair lc. The SOB will improve with these if it is because of allergy and even smoking.
People also viewed
- Sharp pain in chest when throwing up
- What causes slight cough with shortness of breath
- Upper right side chest pain and underarm
- Is it possible to abort baby in 4th month
- Sharp pain in chest when sleeping
- Sharp pain in chest while sleeping
- Is it safe for me to take focus formula if i have wolff parkinson white
- What causes a chesty cough
- Is it normal for my scrotum to be pink
- Is it possible to inhale candy into a lung
- What causes shortness of breath along with choking cough
- What causes tickling in lungs when breathing that causes coughing
- Is it ok to have a tooth extracted if my blood sugar levels are high
- What causes cough with no mucus and difficulty breathing
- Chest pain when shitting