What causes skipped heart beats?

Apr 2014

I occasionally have a heart skip beats. I take my pulse and it will have three good beats skip and continue beating. Sometimes it an skip two beats this does not happen all the time but if I over exercise or bend over doing heavy work it can start. after about an hour it settles down and becomes normal.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam & investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Probably you are suffering from arrhythmia.You need to be examined by a cardiologist. Skip heart beat is not good at all and you may have heart block. You need investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar(RBS),Liver function test(LFT),Renal function test(RFT),Lipid profile,ECG in all leads,ECHO. Holter ECG can be done if needed. Holter ECG will monitor ECG for 24-48 hours continuously. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX