What causes sharp pain under the left breast?

I have a sharp pain under my left breast.I feel blocked up with a gassy pain.I feel a little better if I stand up and walk around.Is this indigestion or gallstones?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs modifications and management Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your pain which relieves on mobilization. XXXX I want you to know that it is a gastro intestinal Manifestation of Heart burn or pyrosis or some gastric ulcer. It needs just a diet and lifestyle modification and some medicines prescribed by a gastroenterologist if the issue persisted. Following will help Losing weight (if overweight) Avoiding alcohol, chocolate, citrus juice, and tomato-based products Avoiding peppermint, coffee, and possibly the onion family[10] Eating small, frequent meals rather than large meals Waiting 3 hours after a meal to lie down Refraining from ingesting food (except liquids) within 3 hours of bedtime Elevating the head of the bed 8 inches Avoiding bending or stooping positions If the trouble persisted seek a visit to ER and then to gastroenterologist, a simple abdominal ultrasound with some labs like liver functions and pancreatic profile will sort out the aetiology. Keep soft and fibrous diet meanwhile avoiding all spices and western diets.Drink plenty of water and stay in touch with your gastroenterologist for further management. Hope it helps. Take good care and and have a very good day. Regards Khan