What causes severe stomach pain that extends to the back?

I had a nissen fundoplication done 10 weeks ago. I keep having severe pains in my stomach that extend into my back. I am unable to function. any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs work up,Seek Gastorenterologist Detailed Answer: Good Day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your concern for the pain after Nissen fundoplication referring to back. XXXX time span of 10 weeks is enough to be resolved for these pain issues. Simple antispasmodics like phloroglucinols and proton pump inhibitors like nexium would have sufficed. now the pain severe and referring to back needs a bit work up as it indicates and pancreatic involvement or the posterior aspect of stomach like ulcer etc , a common complication of fundoplication. So in nut shell i recommend visit to a gastroenterologist to sort out the aetiology with some work up for pancreatic profile and ultrasound abdomen to assess the situation better. Mean while keeping soft diet, small frequent meals, avoiding spices and chocolates and citrus fruits etc with diet and lifestyle modifications is recommended. Seek a gastroenterologist for further management.Miss XXXX You are the one amongst those 2% unlucky people who need this surgery to fix the resilient issues which usually resolve in other 98 % with 80 % by just diet and lifestyle modifications and rest 18 by medicines and above. Hope XXXX you see it in aright perspective.Take good care of yourself and please close the discussion. Regards Khan