What causes severe pain in penis when having a stent is in the ureter?

Jul 2016

Have a uretal stent and am now having piercing pain in penis could it have become dislodged
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please clarify about stent. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a stent . I shall be happy if you can repost me the position of stent whether it is placed in Ureter or Urethra? What is the reason (Disease) for placing the stent ? It is very unlikely for the stent to get dislodged. The pain in penis could be due to inflammation of the urethra as a foreign body reaction which can be controlled with pain killers . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil
Follow-up: What causes severe pain in penis when having a stent is in the ureter? 15 minutes later
Had a upj obstruction removed and the stent is in the ureter
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain is Due to irritation of trigone of Bladder. Detailed Answer: hello Thanks for follow up. The pain in the penis is due to irritation of the trigone of the bladder by lower end of the stent. Please note that stent never gets dislodged . Please drink more water and pain killers if the pain is very severe.The pain will go away after removal of stent . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.