What causes severe joint pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am healthy I woke up this morning and every joint in my body is killing my... I did no strenuous activity for the past 4 days... I don't know what to do
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take adequate rest for a few days. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description multiple joint pain seems to be viral in origin.It is typically self-limiting and requires no specific intervention. Take adequate rest for a few days. Take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation . You can apply a local analgesic gel over the joints to relieve the pain and spasm. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What causes severe joint pain? 22 hours later
thanks for you reply... the pain is very intense... this is also compounded with a headache in the base of my skull (in the back) should I be conserbedabout the headache?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Headache is also common. Detailed Answer: Hi, In viral infection, headache is also common. If fever increases or your symptoms persist beyond 3-4, then you need evaluation by your doctor. Wishing you speedy recovery.. Warm regards.