What causes severe abdominal cramps while taking lipitor?

I am having extremely sever abdobminal cramps. I been taking Lipitor for some time now. Could the Lipitor have anything to do with the cramps?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Stop Lipitor and consult you doctor Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Abdominal pain is one of the side effects of Lipitor. I would suggest you to stop the drug and to meet consult your doctor if the pain is severe so that the cause of abdominal cramps can be evaluated further. I would also like to know some more information to address your concerns better- Are you feeling tired or weak, loss of appetite, experience nausea and vomiting? What is the dose on which you are currently taking? Do you have any co-prescription? Keep me posted