What causes salty taste in mouth and black furry tongue?

hi i had 5 teeth removed under general anesthetic on 29 november 2013 ever since ive noticed a salty taste in my mouth and a black furry tongue . the tongue colour is starting to go back to normal now but when i cough up mucus i have an incredible taste of salt again any ideas
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: may be related to gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I think it is due to some gastritis, although normally gastritis is causing burning pain and sour - bitter taste, but salty taste is also possible, you can take antacid and discuss with your doctoe to prescribe medicine to gastritis also avoid tea/smoking If you have any further queries, please donot hesitate to ask me again Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok