What causes right sided pain?
User rating for this question
Hello, I've had pain on my right side, was checked for appendicitis 6 days ago. A cat scan showed distended and full colon. I've had 3 colonics with some relief, however, I still have pain and my gut tells me it's my Ileocecal Valve. Pain, I'm not hardly eating and there still feels like my colon is blocked. The CT scan showed no blockage, even though my colon was extremely backed up. I don't know what to do. Do I need to see a gastro Dr? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to pain on the right part... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. I am glad no appendicitis was diagnosed and that cat scan showed full colon. It was distended due to constipation you are also experiencing. Luckily, no blockage was shown. The pain on your right side is related to constipation or to other inflammatory disease that might affect your ileocecal valve. So, at this point, you can discuss it further with a gastro-enterologist to determine if you have an inflammatory bowel disease. If everything is normal, then, could be related to constipation. I also advise to try to ease bowel movements: - drink more water - have more foods high in fiber - take otc Sena supplements and lactulose (to ease and soften the stool) - take probiotics on daily basis Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis
- What causes frequent pain in lower right side
- What caused pain in the right side of the stomach
- Is diarrhea a side effect of hydrochlorothiazide?
- Is black, tarry stools a side effect of fioricet?
- Diagnosis of cervical spinal injury
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs
- Is black, tarry stools a side effect of depakote?
- Is blue or pale skin a side effect of mesalamine?
- What causes right sided head pain on breathing
- Diagnosis of fish poisoning
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- Diagnosis of pin site infection
- Is rectal bleeding a side effect of isotretinoin?
- Diagnosis of surgical incision infection