What causes right sided pain?

Hello, I've had pain on my right side, was checked for appendicitis 6 days ago. A cat scan showed distended and full colon. I've had 3 colonics with some relief, however, I still have pain and my gut tells me it's my Ileocecal Valve. Pain, I'm not hardly eating and there still feels like my colon is blocked. The CT scan showed no blockage, even though my colon was extremely backed up. I don't know what to do. Do I need to see a gastro Dr? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to pain on the right part... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. I am glad no appendicitis was diagnosed and that cat scan showed full colon. It was distended due to constipation you are also experiencing. Luckily, no blockage was shown. The pain on your right side is related to constipation or to other inflammatory disease that might affect your ileocecal valve. So, at this point, you can discuss it further with a gastro-enterologist to determine if you have an inflammatory bowel disease. If everything is normal, then, could be related to constipation. I also advise to try to ease bowel movements: - drink more water - have more foods high in fiber - take otc Sena supplements and lactulose (to ease and soften the stool) - take probiotics on daily basis Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida