What causes right sided back pain with stomach pain?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Have a terrible pain in right side of back since fri, Took ibuprofen and it helped for awhile only. Also has stomach pain and threw up twice. Could it be pancreatic induced and should I go to emergency room?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggest you go to ER for investigation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. There could be a number of causes of your pain. Your symptoms suggest this may be related to your kidney. A kidney stone can cause extreme pain that is resistant to strong pain killers. If there is infection related to the problem, this may cause vomiting. I suggest you go to the ER as I would consider you need adequate pain relief urgently followed by investigation. This may involve X-rays and scans to identify the problem. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.