What causes red spots inside the cheek?
User rating for this question
I have been getting red spots inside my cheek that comes and goes away
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to allergy or infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The red spots inside the cheeks that are recurrent can be due to an allergic reaction or nutritional deficiencies. Other likely causes can be- 1. Oral thrush- fungal infection of mouth. Usually covers the whole palate and tongue and is recurrent. 2. Viral infection- usually caused by coxsackie virus. The area is painful and recurrence is common. A careful examination is an integral part of diagnosis. Till the time you meet your dentist avoid smoking, use iodine mouth wash and listerine mouth wash to keep the area clean. Avoid hot and spicy foods. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
People also viewed
- Type 1 allergic reactions
- What causes red spots inside the cheek
- Is rash a side effect of locoid?
- Is rash a side effect of revlimid?
- Is rash a side effect of ancef?
- What causes red spot on earlobe
- Symptoms of constricted pupils
- What is the cause of red spot on arms
- What causes redness on inside of rists
- Can i take botox cosmetic for facial wrinkles?
- What causes spots on cheeks
- Symptoms of operation infection
- Symptoms of minute cysts
- Symptoms of familial allergies
- Symptoms of renal osteodystrophy