What causes red color patch at corner of eye?

Hi, Today morning suddenly, in my sis left eye I seen a red color patch at right corner. she is fine! What might it cause?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Subconjunctival bleed Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I have seen the image sent by you. The red patch seems like a sub-conjunctival bleed. It means that some blood has oozed under the transparent lining of the eye. It is harmless and will resolve spontaneously in a few days. It may have happened due to rubbing of eye. Mostly the cause is unknown. Let me know if you have any doubts. Regards Dr Vaishalee