What causes recurrent pain under left breast and lower left arm?
User rating for this question
I am getting a pain under my left breast not all the time , it comes and goes might last 30 secs happened about 4 times yesterday also discomfort in lower left arm. Feeling worried it is my heart. I am a 42 yr old women very fit i run 3 times a week about 18 miles per week, I do not smoke and i am a vegatarian i weight 9 stone.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cardiac tests needed for further evaluation.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to come to know you are keeping fit (running) and healthy (no smoking, vegetarian). The pain under your left breast you feel from time in time is related to extra heart beat (arrhythmia). I'd suggest to do: - chest x-ray - ECG - Holter monitoring - ECG stress test to rule out heart and lung problems. If everything is ok, then, there is nothing worrisome. Most probably related to hormonal changes or neuromuscular pain. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Vyvanse smell
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- Symptoms of acyanotic heart disease
- Wheezing and terrible cold please help
- Symptoms of venous hypertension
- Vomiting to heart patients every evening
- Symptoms of paroxysmal atrial tachycardia
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast
- What causes under arm pain after breast enhancement
- Symptoms of chronic constrictive pericarditis
- Symptoms of malignant pericardial effusion
- Left breast pain causes
- Timing of eating evion capsules 400mg
- What do you do when your glucose level is 333
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast