What causes recurrent pain under left breast and lower left arm?

I am getting a pain under my left breast not all the time , it comes and goes might last 30 secs happened about 4 times yesterday also discomfort in lower left arm. Feeling worried it is my heart. I am a 42 yr old women very fit i run 3 times a week about 18 miles per week, I do not smoke and i am a vegatarian i weight 9 stone.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cardiac tests needed for further evaluation.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to come to know you are keeping fit (running) and healthy (no smoking, vegetarian). The pain under your left breast you feel from time in time is related to extra heart beat (arrhythmia). I'd suggest to do: - chest x-ray - ECG - Holter monitoring - ECG stress test to rule out heart and lung problems. If everything is ok, then, there is nothing worrisome. Most probably related to hormonal changes or neuromuscular pain. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!