What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis?

Im just getting over bronchitis and on my left side i have pain that radiates around to the front of your chest when I lay down or move a certain way could my muscles be sore from coughing  
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: local pain killer gels as described below Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. Your excessive coughing can lead to muscular pain. However , if you have fever , a possibility of Pleuritis must be kept. If your pain is sharp and increases on deep inhalation , pleuritis should be ruled out by ECG , Xray chest and blood tests like hemogram. You are 28 years so pain due to a myocardial ischemia is very unlikely. That pain usually crushing and radiates to your neck , arm , jaw. However , you should get an ECG to rule out. You should take prompt treatment for Bronchitis. I prefer to treat such kind of pain with local diclofenac gels available on counter without prescription. You should also do hot fomentation over your chest area. Oral pain killers and muscle relaxants are indicated if pain is not releaved by above mentioned measures or if pain is intolerable. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.