What causes quick vibrations and quivering feeling below my stomach?

Quivering feeling, quick vibrations, on and off, lower left side below stomach
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the vibrations in muscle that you experience can sometimes be caused by irritant nerves leading to flickering if muscles namely fasciculations , most of the time they are innocent . Sometimes dyselectrolytemia may also lead to this . If it is not troublesome to you then you can just wait for it to settle spontaneously . But if it increases I will advise you to consult a neurologist because sometimes it is indicative of neurological diseases like motor neuron disease . Take care. Dr. Shruti