What causes pulsation feeling in lips?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Pulse in my lower lipforabout 15-20 times a day....last for a sec or two
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These pulsation feeling in lip can be twitching Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. These pulsation feeling in lip can be due to twitching of muscles of lip. Withdrawal from substances such as alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes can cause a person to experience lip twitching. Substances that contain stimulating products, like sodas, coffee, chocolate, and caffeine pills, can produce muscle contractions if they are taken in excess. Emotions can often trigger lip muscle contractions. People sometimes experience this when they have strong feelings of anger, fear, XXXXXXX or amusement. It can also occur with extreme fatigue, as well as stress and anxiety. There is nothing to worry much; you can take good food and ample sweet/sugar. If symptoms remain persistent then you need to check your Blood pressure from your treating doctor. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care