What causes pressure and clogged feeling in ears?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
I have what started out as a hard bump in front of my ear it was a little sore when touche but since noticing it a few day earlier it has turned soft Why does my ear feel clogged and some type of pressure
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 hour later
hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem. At the offset since the swelling is reduced in intensity and pain I would not worry too much about the same. In all probability it would have been an infected sebaceous cyst or a lymph node which is getting resolved. In any case some amount of ear block is expected directly due to the swelling and also due to many other un related causes. I would strongly advice to get an ENT consult as soon as possible so that a proper diagnosis on the lump can be reached. Nevertheless, you can take a snap shot of the lump and also get the FNAC testing done and get back to me with the report. For your ear block I would again advice an ENT consult but alternatively you can ask one of your friends to have a look at the entrance of the ear for signs of wax or any swelling and get back to me on that also. Hope this helps and if you have any doubts you can get back to me regards Dr Sriram Nathan