What causes presence of bitter citrus like taste in the mouth?

Excellent

Question
I've been feeling as though I've eaten a grapefruit the entire day. There has been an almost overwhelming taste of bitter citrus in my mouth. Should I be concerned? Could it be a deficiency of some sort?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Symptoms likely to be due to acid reflux Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Presence of bitter citrus like taste in the mouth is likely to be acid reflux from the stomach. It does sometime occur in normal individual and is self limiting. I would treat you with proton pump inhibitor (suppress acid production) like Pantoprozole along with multivitamin. It will provide much needed relief from this symptom. It's important to add multivitamin (Especially vitamin B2) as it could also be contributing cause. I would also suggest you to gargle your mouth with lukewarm saline water (to a glass of lukewarm water add two spoon of common table salt). Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What causes presence of bitter citrus like taste in the mouth? 28 minutes later
Thank you very much for your advice and response. I will be incorporating all that you have advised. Thanks again.

Brief Answer: Wishing you happy and healthy life Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Ms I am glad I was of use to you. Wishing you a very happy and healthy life ahead. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak