What causes persistent high BP during pregnancy?

Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant and last night my blood pressure was 133 over 92, but I had the nurse at school take it this morning and it was 152 over 101. I am going to have her check it again in a little bit, but I was just wondering if I should call my doctor?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should inform your consultant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Persistent readings of high blood pressure taken six hours apart call for medical attention as hypertension is the cause. In view of the previous pregnancy induced hypertension history, you should get help from your consultant as early as possible. You should take as much bed rest as possible, preferably at least 8 hours in the night and two hours during the day and in the left lateral position so as to improve the placental blood circulation. An anti-hypertensive, anxiolytic and dietary modifications are needed. Regular monitoring including blood and urine tests, fetal well being checks, eye checkup are needed. Blood sugar also should be measured regularly and treatment initiated at the earliest indication. A GTT would be useful. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.