What causes persistent headaches?

Cardiologist
Question
I have had a bad flu over the last 6 days and continue to suffer with headache. The fever broken yesterday and is now normal. I am not prone to headache so am concerned.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Once the flu is over, your headache will be over.. Detailed Answer: Hi, It is normal for the flu to be associated with fever and headache. The headache is due to inflammation of sinuses or due to overall fatigue. Do not be concerned too much. Once you'll be recovered from the flu, you won't deal with headache anymore. I suggest to take acetaminophen/ibuprofen for the pain on daily basis and to monitor your blood pressure. I also suggest to take more water and tea to relieve the symptoms. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Benard