What causes painless lump on side of my neck?

Hi I have a painless small hard lump on the upper back right side of my neck. I had a headache for the past few days but it went away. I went to the doctor not knowing it was there and she never mentioned anything about it.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of lymph node swelling Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Vai It's likely to be lymph node swelling. If it's of recent onset, not hard and freely movable then there seems to be no cause for concern. It should regress on its own. You can send us a Clinical photograph for confirmation. Rest be assured everything is alright. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD