What causes painful lump on tongue tip leading to difficulty in swallowing?
User rating for this question
There is a lump inside my tongue at the tip and it hurts to eat. Throat hurts to to swallow a bit.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: history deos not favour cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Your history of one day does go in favour of anything related cancer. It goes more in favour of an inflammatory pathology. But many a times the patient becomes aware of a lesion suddenly but actually it exists there for some time. So, keeping in mind your HPV status and family history, please palpate that area with a finger and if the surrounding area is hard, consult an ENT so that to need to do a biopsy can be evaluated. Also, if marked pain is there and the area around is whitish, please use a local dental gel and hexidine mouth wash. If no improvement for few days, see an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
People also viewed
- Garlic for emphysema
- Lumps on inner ear lobe
- Inner ear skin irritation
- Irritation in the inner right ear
- Menopause emotional issues
- Zopiclone long-term effects
- Toddler ear injury swollen
- Steroid injections in ear
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- Cause of painless lump in mouth causing difficulty swallowing
- Varicella zoster encephalitis
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- What are the symptoms of difficulty swallowing?
- Drugs that cause difficulty swallowing
- Treatment for emphysema