What causes painful lump in breast?

So here I go. I had Thyroid Cancer in October 2013 and had a total thyroidectomy. Caner was very small. I took the XXXXXXX pill last month only 29ml (very small dose) I had my full body scan and they said I'm cancer free. So now I have a lump in my left breast at the 1:00. It is oblong hard but movable. I had a mammogram scan. Got called back for a mammogram and the radiologist said something but they were calcifications. Come back in 3 months. I wasn't happy with that so I called and my dr scheduled me an ultra sound. That radiologist said he was 99% sure it was Fibroadenoma. So I had an appointment with an surgeon he did his own ultra sound in his office and said he thinks that we should do a needle aspiration but didn't think it was cancer. He said it was a cyst. Now that it ahs been almost 2 weeks and I'm going Monday and get results Tuesday I'm freaking. What else could he be looking for? I have no nipple discharge. I do have breast pain. My Dr. said that could be from my hormones from the surgery and from the thyroid meds. I'm 35 year old healthy female. Sorry it was 6 months not 3 for the mammogram Thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fibroadenoma is the most common cause of lumps Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this breast lump that has been of great concern to you and all the inconveniences this has caused you. No woman would have stayed without being concerned. Your reaction, fears and worries and totally understandable. The most common cause of lumps in women during their reproductive yeas is fibroadenoma. The description of your lump and the various expertise reports and conclusion have not suggested any possible breast cancer. However, I am very happy that the surgeon did a biopsy to obtain tissue diagnosis. This would provide the ultimate call as to what this lump is. If I were to go with how common they are, it would most likely read fibroadenoma. In any case, I am pretty confident it would be a benign lesion and not cancer. You should not freak out because the definite cause is about to be identified. No matter what it turns out to be, we can only solve problems we know. This is the most important step and what makes the difference. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish him the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes painful lump in breast? 4 hours later
With fibroadenoma when you touch lump does it get irratated?
Brief Answer: It is possible Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. Simple manipulation can cause irritation. And because clients most often get to feel the lump over and over, it ends up getting irritated and even sore. The answer is yes and please, if you have been repeatedly feeling the lump, I will kindly suggest you stop doing so because it doesn't really change what the real situation is. I wish you well and hope you get relaxed leading up to next Monday. You would be fine. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes painful lump in breast? 12 hours later
I just have one more question. Is it possible to have all the test I had done and have breast cancer?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Very unlikely Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. The various examinations, investigations and information you have reported to me is not suggestive of cancer. The only reason why I will not entirely rule this out is the fact that cancer is considered a possibility for all breast lumps until tissue diagnosis is obtained. But for that, nothing has really suggested that at this point. I hope this helps. I wish you the best of possible outcomes as you gear up for the results next Monday. Dr. Ditah, MD.