What causes painful lump in breast surounding the nipple?

I found a lump in my breast sort surounding the nipple, getting larger and is painful. There is no redness around it. Its kinda hard. And I have no insurance
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney -9 hours later
Brief Answer: Mammography and FNAC. Detailed Answer: Dear Mam. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. At this age breast lump needs evaluation. Most common causes are : 1. Breast Carcinoma 2. Fibroadenoma 3. Breast Abscess. I suggest you following investigations: 1. Mammogram 2. FNAC of your breast. 3. Hemogram with ESR. I advise you to meet a surgeon as soon as possible and get treated. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD