Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain?

Jul 2016

I just started to having a pain today every time I urinate. It does not burn, but it just hurts. When I urinate the pain radiates about 3 inches below my belly button until the urine comes in contact with the clitoris. As I am writing I have the sensation that I have to go urinate. And every time I have to use #2 I have severe pain in my colon. This only happens to me when I am on my period. I have had this happen to me three times now.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is likely to be due to UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain while passing urine with pain in lower abdomen. This is most likely to be due to UTI. Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria. As regards pain in colon during mensrtral period it is mostly due to pelvic congestion that is there during menstrual cycle .Please take pain killers to alleviate the pain. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain? 7 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. I will be visiting a physician today. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please go ahead Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up.Please go a head as planned and start taking medication . Your problem will get resolved within a week. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.