What causes pain on the foot after L1 and L3 Fracture from an accident?

General Surgeon
I have a L1 and L3 Fracture from a snowmobiling accident 2 weeks ago, last night I started getting this shooting pain on the top of my right foot to my toes and down the inside of the same foot along the arch area. Feels like a sharp pain XXXXXXX horse that has been constant for 12 plus hours and has not gone away. What may be causing this ??
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: looks like a nerve compression Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. It definitely is a nerve compression, mostly due to the healing fracture, because as the fracture heals, it forms a callus, which extends beyond the bone surface. And the spinal canal is a very narrow space, so any extra bulge inside, will lead to nerve compression. You need to revisit your treating orthopedics, he may ask you to get a repeat ct or mri, if he feels so, to find out the point and the degree of compression. Plus he may start you on steroids to decrease the inflammation of the compressed nerve. Till then take analgesics, but i doubt how much it will work. Hope that i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma