What causes pain in shoulder joint and numbness in right arm?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, im a 49 year old white male. I have pain in my right shoulder joint, numbness in my right arm and fingers. Shoulder hurts worse if i lay on it
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to rotator cuff syndrome. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Pain in your shoulder joint could be due to rotator cuff syndrome. Having numbness in arm and fingers could be due to nerve compression- these two may or may not be related. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care