Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes pain in my legs, feet,hips, arms, hands and back?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I've been having aches in my legs, feet,hips, arms hands back pains, headaches, neck pains and pains around my eyes, an now when I eat chewing gum or drink coffee the skin round my inner bottom gum an floor of the mouth seems to come loose! What could this be plz???
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Pain in the legs, feet,hips, arms hands back pains, headaches, neck pains and pains around the eyes at your age could be due to- 1. Generalized viral illness. 2. Improper diet. 3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse. 4. Electrolyte imbalance. 5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism. 5. Anxiety neurosis. The loose skin of the gums can be due to an oral infection or inflammation of the gums. All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests. Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow: 1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced will be helpful. 2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed. 3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind. 4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles. Avoid smoking, use iodine mouth wash and listerine mouth wash to keep the area clean. Avoid hot and spicy foods. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL