What causes pain in back of thigh and knee with numbness in feet?

Nov 2013

im in good health...66 yrs old have severe sciatic pain in left leg...back of thigh and knee also have numbness in feet ocassionally....taking 10 mg of baclofen for spasms..can I also take gaba pentin with baclofen
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms. Gabapentin or pregabalin capsules are preferred to relieve the sciatic pain. So, you can start one of them. Baclofen is mainly used to relieve spasticity (increased tone of muscles) and spasms. If needed, you can take both baclofen and gabapentin together. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: