What causes oesophagigitis?
User rating for this question
W as eating very spicy chinese food last night. Got ahold of an extremely spicy pepper or something. After ingesting it, felt like my esophagus closed up entirely. Could not breathe in or out for about 15 seconds then started to wheeze. Then little by little the air passage opened up. Extremely frightened. Is this a food allergy? And could this be fatal if done again?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Neither food allergy nor fatal if done again Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and medical history, it suggests that this condition neither food allergy nor fatal if done again and it also suggests that you may be suffering from the oesophagigitis. If you want relief from this condition then avoid spicy foods, hard foods, acidic foods and alcohol and tobacco. Medications that block acid production such as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) or H2 blockers, like omeprazole or Ranitidine will help. Eat 5 or 6 smaller meals during the day instead of larger ones. Eat soft foods, such as puddings, applesauce, soups, and custards. Take small bites of food and chew thoroughly before trying to swallow. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wishing you speedy recovery. Regards
Follow-up: What causes oesophagigitis? 23 minutes later
Is there anything to do or take during the attack?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to do Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query and suggests you that nothing to do during the attack just prevent the attack by strictly avoiding the spicy food. Wish you good health
People also viewed
- What would cause foaming at the mouth causing death?
- Toddler with red veins in the eye
- Persulte allergy with sulfa allergy
- Food allergy anal itching
- What is causing scrotum to get bigger and causing discomfort
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- Allergy to ammonium persulphate
- What could be the cause cause for shaking feeling
- Remedy for red spot in eyes
- Eye red and sensitive to sunlight
- My eyes turn red when i shower
- Ammonium persulfate allergy self test
- Red swelling under toddlers eyes
- Ammonium persulfate allergy remedy