What causes numbness in toes on exposure to cold temperatures?

A couple of toes on my left foot feel numb when cold on occasions.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need some information first ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. A presentation of numbness in toes or tips of fingers after exposure to cold temperatures could be an indication or sign of a few conditions, which I shall first list out for you during our discussion. But before listing out my most likely causes, I would first like to ask you a few questions if you do not mind ma'am. Since when do you have these symptoms? Do you have any chronic conditions like diabetes, degenerative disc disease, hypertension, vascular conditions, etc.? Also, have you noticed this symptom only since you got the respiratory infection or was this present even prior to that? Pain in wrist? What is the temperature there right now? Do you often experience pain in your lower back or the region between your lower back and thigh? Looking forward to your kind response ma'am. Based on our discussion I shall put forward the most likely causes for such a presentation and guide you to finding the exact cause for your presentation and also guide you through diagnosis and treatment. Wishing you a very Happy New Year in advance. Best wishes.