What causes nausea everyday when suffering from diabetes?

General Surgeon
Hi, I have been dealing with this for at least a yr. I suffer from nausea just about everyday and at times my stomach gets very ridged. I am a diabetic and have always associated this stomach issue to that. Any ideas? XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rule out Gastric ulcer Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Wishing you a very happy new year 2014 I would suggest you to Get the upper gastrointestinal symptoms evaluated by getting Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in consultation with your Physician/ Gastroenterologist. Every middle aged or elderly patient should undergo endoscopy who have new onset of upper gastrointestinal symptoms. It helps in ruling out Gastric ulcer and other pathology. In the meantime I would suggest you the following which will definitely be useful 1. Consume enough quantity of water : 2- 3 liter a day. 2. Consume High fiber diet 3. Avoid Oily and spicy food 4. Avoid alcohol or carbonated beverages In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon