What causes nausea accompanied by fever?

General Surgeon
My 17 year-old son had a quizno;s chiciken sub about four hours ago. Now he is sufferieng from nauseua, He is certain that his body is full of fever, yet he is ice cold. He is bundled up in bed and makes quck trips to the bath rooml Sould he be given Pepto or someothing? What causes the? we've all eaten similairly there tonight and tge rest if ys are fine. My son, however, has taken this over the edge. he did not compain eating,, but by 5"30 he was starting to feel ill after that sub. Shaking, turning white and keeping still till dinnerl Dinner was excent. After diddn't he want to the Make your own dessert bar and things kept getting worse Thankyou for your help, XXXX
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Food poisoning. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. His symptkms indicate food poisoning. Even if the rest of You do not have such symptoms, he may have weaker immune system. Nausea and diarrhea are very characteristic for food poisoning. Sometims such symptoms can appear due to gallstones, however upper abdominal pain radiating to the back. I suggest him to avoid any foods for 12 hours and get well hydrated (warm tea, gatorade). He should start probiotic supplementation. If the symptoms wont go away in a day, he should visit a doctor. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.