What causes lumps under the armpit and jaw,body rashes and low grade fever?

my son is 13 has lumps under armpit and jaw line. Unexplained rashes, sleeping longer hours, muscle aches after exercising some low grade fevers. Lumps vary in size 3-7cm. not painful should I be worried
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer: I am concerned.. Detailed Answer: Hi, At 13 years, various lumps under the armpit and jaw which seems to enlarged lymph node; the rashes, myalgia (muscle aches) and low grade fever are suggestive of an ongoing infection. It will require a detailed clinical examination and battery of tests to isolate the causative infective organism. Since the symptoms are ongoing, I would be concerned; therefore insist on early evaluation. I recommend that you visit your primary care physician or your pediatrician at the earliest. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards