What causes lesions in the bladder?

I have had gross hematuria, 8/13. I also have squamous cells indicative of high-grade intra-epithelial lesion, in my bladder, as of my last cystoscopy (which showed no growths). If my abnormal squamous cells on my cervix (complete hysterectomy, after) are also showing up in my bladder, is there likely to be just another continuation of what I went through with my cervix? I've had HPV for many years, and my doctor mentioned that my squamous cell problems are most likely are due to that. I had low-grade abnormal cells on my cervix and now am seeing abnormal cells, arguably high-grade, in my bladder. Under these conditions, I notice my urine a lot. What kind of progression toward malignancy in my bladder should I expect, if both of us are going to be brutally honest? Thank you for any info!
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 days later
Brief Answer: Both can be possible Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Both extension of the cervical squamous lesion and HPV stimulated squamous metaplasia in the bladder can be possible cause for the lesions in the bladder. Since bladder mucosa has high capacity of regeneration, the progression of the intraepithelial lesion into a visible mass is possible. Also this is marked by gross hematuria you have. A repeat cystoscopy in near future my show a growth. Do discuss the same with your treating urologist and who can plan a suitable management for the same. Wish you good health. regards,