What causes leg pain?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hello mam what are possible causes of pain my son says sometimes at night Not everday but naerly 10 days once he cries in sleep he holds his leg and says ha got pain in leg for 1 hour and I put little move massage. What causes his leg pain. Mostly one Eg rarely both.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 1 hour later
Brief Answer: may be only growing pains! Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX This is mostly growth pain. Do not worry! Just get his vitamin d level one after he recovers. Give him some general tonic like a-z tonic 1 teaspoon daily. Good luck God bless Dr UMA