What causes leg pain with a kidney infection?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us

It will be of help if you let me know whether you are taking any medicines. Also, when was the surgery for small bowel obstruction done? If it was done recently, a catheter must have been placed which can result in infection of the prostrate resulting in Acute Bacterial Prostatitis which can cause symptom of leg pain along with other symptoms of Kidney infection can also cause pain in the back and sides which may radiate to legs.
Moreover, if there is frequent urination due to infection, there can be dehydration which can result in loss of electrolytes ( sodium, potassium, etc). This loss of electrolytes can result in muscle pain in legs.

I hope this is useful to you.
If you have any further doubts, I will be happy to help.