What causes itching and burning between the buttocks?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
I have itching and burning between my but tucks . It is not on the anal area. There is a small whelp in the right side nearer the tail bone. I have tried anti fungal spray has not worked
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms are due to fungal infection. You should apply locally skin cream containing steroid like betamethasone and antifungal medication like miconazole. Oral antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg once a day will help in relieving itching. Good local hygiene will prevent recurrence. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.

Follow-up: What causes itching and burning between the buttocks? 2 hours later
I have some triamcinolone acetonide ointment 0.1percent is that ok to us with miconazol

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes you can use it. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your response. Yes you can use the ointment containing triamcinolone. It is a corticosteroid and with miconazole, it will fulfill the purpose. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.