What causes irritation an buring of frictional ulcers on penis and could it be herpes?

I have what a few doctors think are frictional ulcers on my penis. They came on Friday and a smell came from the area suggesting an infection. The ulcers did not start as blisters and are painless. However, I was given an antibiotic and tonight is the first time the area is sensitive and stings. So from Friday till know the area has not stung or hurt. Is this my body and the infection reacting to medication or does mean they are more likely herpes?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: hi, Lesions of herpes genitalis present as small grouped fluid filled lesions that rupture to form small superficial erosions. Herpes lesions are painful. So your lesions are possibly not of herpes genitalis. Application of medicine in an erosion can cause burning or irritation in affected area If these are frictional ulcers that have got infected, then just clean the area with warm saline water and apply a topical antibiotic cream like fusidic acid or mupirocin. Also take an oral antibiotic for few days. Refrain from sexual contact till these lesions heal. If having any doubt, meet a dermatologist nearby to get these lesions clinically examined. Sexually transmitted infection can only be ruled out by clinical examination and appropriate blood investigations. Hope this helped. Take care