What causes irrational anger?

I am 80 years old and think I need a doctor or nurse to understand why I get so angry with my family because they are trying to help me but I can't seem to accept that.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Avoid loneliness, talk more, opinion of psychologi Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I am afraid you shall have to accept that anger is a very natural phenomenon. It is true however that the degree to which one reacts to stressful situations does differ. There are a few factors that aggravate anger. One of these is loneliness. i would love to know if you feel lonely, or feel not very much loved are that your loved ones really do not get to bother so much about all that goes around you. It would be important to identify someone, or some specific situation that excites your anger and try to manage these situations. If its someone, it might be important to have a talk and be XXXXXXX with this person. In case its a situation, you will need to avoid such circumstances. Talking frequently to loved and trusted ones could be of help. It might be necessary to share your concerns with the one you really trust. I strongly propose talking to a loved one, avoiding to stay alone as much as possible. The opinion of a clinical psychologist/psychiatrist could be helpful at some point. Self will and an inner decision from inside, with a deep commitment to a sense of positive thinking could be key gateways to improve daily life and these worries. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain