What causes intermittent stomach pain and anxiety?

I have stomach pain off and on, mild nausea and annoying sensations around the anus and mild throbs in the back of the legs right under the buttocks. Symptoms come and go with my stress levels as well as anxiety about why I am having this. I haven't been to the doctor yet because I don't have insurance. I am otherwise fit and while doing physical activity or sleeping I don't have issues. Just when sitting at a desk or in a car, basically when I am not active.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Symptoms related to following bowel infection.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Your symptoms are indicative for possible - intestinal parasitic infections - candida thrush (intestinal or genital) You should run some tests to - examination of feces for ova/parasites - fecal culture for candida infection If they will result positive, then, should start appropriate treatment with antiparasitic/antimycotic drugs. If negative, your problems are related to your sedentary life (of not being active), for which you should introduce healthy lifestyle and diet regimen. If you cannot afford to take the abovementioned tests, I'd advise to: - start drinking more water - eat healthy - take otc antiparasitic drugs (albendazole/mebendazole) - keep good anal and genital hygiene and apply clotrimazole/hydrocortisone cream locally to reduce ayour symptoms - take otc probiotic - avoid processed/oily foods Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida