What causes indentation in stool?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sometimes I notice a very slight indentation along my stool. I can't say it's a grooves because it is so shallow. Maybe like a line. Stools are wide and well formed.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. You should not worry for indentation in stool unless there is black stool or blood in stool. If you feel hard stool then you can take stool softer like syp Duphalac. You need to avoid Foods that are high in fat, fried foods, spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeinated coffee and tea can be problematic. Some foods, such as beans, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, peas, onions, and bagels, which can cause minor discomfort in a normal GI tract. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.