What causes hyperacidity?

sometime is I feel huge acid burn in my stomach. I just go wild, I just drink access water and then vomat it, eno gives me relief sometime. , It takes between 15min- 1 hour to become everything normal. There is no fix time for this, in office, sleeping, travelling, even right in the morning. this is happening for last 3 years.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You need long term life style change.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Hyperacidity related symptoms are mostly chronic in nature. You need to tune your diet and lifestyle and make it as healthy as possible to keep hyperacidity problems away. As this is very important, I stress about these to all my patients first before going to medical management. Start exercise every day; make sure your weight is in ideal limits; avoid smoking and alcohol if any; eat your meal at regular intervals, never skip food; restrict too spicy food and lastly make sure you sleep well. These changes is extremely important if you are looking to for long term treatment of hyperacidity. In the interim, you can try proton pump inhibitor along with antacids. I start my patients on nexpro 40mg once a day half an hour before breakfast along with Syp Gelusil MPS three times a day (before food) for 2 weeks. Your local doctor will know about these medicines. They help in controlling acute symptoms. It may be worthwhile to consider endoscopy and routine investigations whenever possible or if symptoms are more severe. It helps in isolating the cause and ruling out presence of ulcers. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards