What causes high blood sugar reading?
User rating for this question
Several months ago at a company health fair my fasting blood glucose level measured 122. However, since that time I have had 10 fasting blood checks done at various places. My level is always between 70 and 85. What could have caused the one time high reading?? Any possibility it was simply incorrect?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Confirm with OGTT. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm , Hi! there is all the possibility if the first value being incorrect. was it a glucometer value? any ways don't take a risk , confirm with Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT). and also get HbA1c done. then let me know the values. any family history of diabetes? Regards!
People also viewed
- Do statins cause varcocele
- Starch in stool causes
- How to bring down blood sugar levels quickly
- Normal range of blood sugar in an 18 month old
- What is the most safest alcohol to drink for a diabetic
- What causes stool to be thick
- What causes high blood sugar level in children
- Dizziness ketones in urine
- What is the cause of high blood calcium reading
- Stomach ulcer causes vyvanse
- What causes high blood sugar reading
- What causes stomach splinter to be weak
- Define diabetic stain in clothes
- Causes of high blood sugar
- What causes high blood sugar