What causes high blood sugar reading?
User rating for this question
Several months ago at a company health fair my fasting blood glucose level measured 122. However, since that time I have had 10 fasting blood checks done at various places. My level is always between 70 and 85. What could have caused the one time high reading?? Any possibility it was simply incorrect?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Confirm with OGTT. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm , Hi! there is all the possibility if the first value being incorrect. was it a glucometer value? any ways don't take a risk , confirm with Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT). and also get HbA1c done. then let me know the values. any family history of diabetes? Regards!
People also viewed
- Mouth peeling and insulin
- Wart removal laser cottering
- Someones used insulin needle poked me
- If a normal person takes insulin
- What causes high blood sugar level in children
- Cronic cough and wine
- What is the cause of high blood calcium reading
- What causes high blood sugar reading
- Insulin plants for sale
- Refusal to take insulin
- Drinking water to flush out cotinine
- Causes of high blood sugar
- Sore throat and unproductive deep cough
- Hoarse voice and deep cough
- What causes high blood sugar