What causes high BP?

I am attaching my reports , please go through the same & advice . Please suggest if anything is alarming & should be taken care of...
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: reports review Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have gone though your reports. There are two things which stand out - 1. liver enzymes are deranged. SGOT & SGPT they are slightly high- common causes for same are fatty liver, alcohol intake, liver infections, side effect of medicines. 2. high cholesterol levels.- They can be due to high oil intake, sedentary lifestyle, obesity. before i can advise you what to do i need to know why were these tests done. routine check-up or are you suffering from any problems. Because to give correct opinion we need to the clinical history and tests are only secondary. As such the reports are not alarming. Rest assured most of these problems can be sorted out. Best wishes.
Follow-up: What causes high BP? 11 minutes later
Since 5-6 days i was constantly having high b.p -140/100 so thought of getting this check up done . I would also like to know that cretanine is 0.95 , why so ?how to lower this range ?? Protien as well ? So it it that i should stop taking protien - pulses and all
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 21 hours later
Brief Answer: abnormal blood tests Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX BP greater than 140/90 is high blood pressure. this at your age could be because of kidney disease. To confirm we need these tests- 1. Serum creatinine- 0.95 is normal. 2. urine for microalbuminuria 3. urine routine and microscopy. 4. Ultrasound for kidney size and echotexture. You dont need to lower your creatinine further. Protein intake should be 0.8 gm/Kg/Day - you can take pulses as well as other vegetarian protein sources. should avoid non-veg food stuff. Meanwhile you should monitor your BP twice daily and if BP readings are more than 140/90 you have to start treatment in consultation with your doctor. Best wishes.
Follow-up: What causes high BP? 47 hours later
so b.p can also b coz of cholestrol ? Have got urine test and full kidney test , go thru my reports again ....Still if i wanna that my range should b low , what can i do ?
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: abnormal reports Detailed Answer: Seen your reports thay are OK. Your kidney appear to be OK on these reports. But still to rule out other kidney diseases You need to do : urine for microalbuminuria Ultrasound for Liver and kidney size and echotexture If these are also normal then its fine. BP and cholestrol are two separate problems. cholestrol itself does not cause high BP. As far as your wish of decreasing the creatinine value further. - You have to looze wait if you are obese, you have to decrease your salt intake and meat, non-veg intake. I think you should pay more attension to your liver tests and meet a gastroentrologist. Best wishes
Follow-up: What causes high BP? 25 minutes later
Many thanks for the reply . how much would be 0.8 gm protien ?Have heard , should not take pulses at night ? It this true ?? What all i can take in which protien is there? So you mean to say , regularly we should take protien >
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 26 hours later
Brief Answer: protein intake Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX 0.8gm/kg/day protein would amount to 50gm/day protein for a 60 kg person. So you can calculate the amount of protein which can be given. to give you an idea. one glass of milk has 6 gm protein and one egg also has 6 gm. non veg food especially red meet and chicken would have larger amount of protein and in the long term can contribute to stress over kidney. You can take pulses and also can take them at night. Proteins are building blocks of body and all of us have to take the recommended daily dietary need to keep us fit. This does not refer to artificial , protein supplements . I am referring to dietary proteins. Hope this clarifies your queries. Best wishes.