What causes hematuria?
User rating for this question
I woke up this morning and I urinated blood. I was sitting. When I went to the washroom about an hour later I peed again standing up. No blood this time. Just went again sitting down and there was a little blood. What can cause this?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: All causes listed for you sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. There are a number a conditions that can cause this presentation sir, and for your reference I shall list them all out for you: -Kidney stones -Bladder stones -Prostate enlargement -Kidney infections -Urinary bladder infections -Medications -Strenuous exercise -Medications -Kidney injury -Inherited disorders -Tumors or cysts in and around the renal or urogenital systems -Cancer (rare) These are all the causes that can result in such a presentation. But each condition has its specific symptoms along with the hematuria. So I would recommend a visit to a urologist, who will conduct an elaborate evaluation to find the cause and accurately treat you. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Cloudy urine constantly thirsty
- Causes of microscopic hematuria
- Why does masturbationcause cloudy urine
- Hematuria caused by oxyelite pro
- Symptoms of benign granuloma
- Urine that is cloudy and has smell of tuna
- Causes of hematuria
- Symptoms of chronic mastoiditis
- Symptoms of genital scabies
- What is hematuria
- Excessive thirst cloudy urine
- Symptoms of granular cell tumor
- Symptoms of ruptured appendicitis
- Clarithromycin good for urinary tract infection
- Will oxybutynin cause microscopic hematuria