What causes heavy bleeding inspite of having rod?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Ive had the rod in for a month i had my first period that went longer then it should and the doctor put me on medication it stopped then Saturday i started bleeding agian and its heavy
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can take tranexemic acid for controlling bleed Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case history. This can be due to effects of medication. You can take tranexemic acid for controlling bleeding consulting your doctor. Continue your medication for bone healing like calcium and vit D. Take diet rich in calcium and vitamin. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes heavy bleeding inspite of having rod? 8 minutes later
could there be anything wrong with me or is my body still getting use yo the rod

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not worry Detailed Answer: Hello again Yes it may take some time to get body balance. If problem persist for 2 to 3 months then we need to further investigate. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes heavy bleeding inspite of having rod? 7 hours later
should i continue taking the medication the doctor gave me to stop the bleeding or should i stop taking when my period stops

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 15 hours later
Brief Answer: You can stop them Detailed Answer: Hello again, You can stop them once your period stops. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.